Indigenous Day of Learning

I had the privilege of attending an online Indigenous Day of Learning via zoom meeting. I loved having options of which workshops we would like to attend, the one I chose was Changing Engagement for Indigenous Learners (Early Years, ECE -Grade 3). I found this lecture to be quite inspirational and felt that it was appropriate for me, as I am aiming to become a primary teacher. One thing that I took away from the workshop was that it is the teacher’s responsibility to find the joy of learning in our students, and if it is not noticeable then it is our job to create it for them in our classroom. Students come to school in all shapes and forms from diverse family backgrounds. It is so important for teachers to recognize this and help make a change for the better by providing the students with things that may be lacking at home, for example: some students might need a stable environment that provides daily routines. I think that providing stability and routines for students could really help students succeed and benefit in a positive way. As a future teacher, I hope that I am able to shine a light towards a path that takes students on a learning journey. I hope to inspire and help make a difference in each student’s learning experience in a positive way.